Ixtapa & Zihuatanejo Luxury Villas
About Ixtapa, Mexico
Book your dream vacation to Ixtapa & Zihuatanejo Mexico. Search Luxury villas for the best travel experience in Ixtapa Zihuatanejo.
Located on Mexico's sun-drenched Pacific Coast, with the striking Sierra Madre Mountains as the backdrop, Ixtapa is one of the country's most sought after vacation destinations, offering beautiful resorts, spas, dining and shopping. In addition to its many lovely beaches, the area offers large marinas to accommodate your sailing needs, as well as several championship golf courses.
Looking for something a little more low-key? Look no further than Ixtapa's sister city Zihuatanejo (zee-wah-tah-neh-ho) – or 'Zihua' as it is commonly known. Located just 10 minutes away, as a counter to Ixtapa's high-rise hotels, all-inclusive resorts and upscale shopping, Zihua, once a quaint fishing village, is a place of winding streets of galleries and folk art shops, boutique hotels and palapa-style seafood restaurants serving the catch of the day.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Accepted Currency: The Mexican Peso is the main form of currency, though the U.S. Dollar is also accepted in the area
- Capital: Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo is located in the State of Guerrero, the capital of which is Chilpancingo
- Airport: Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport (ZIH)
- Language(s) in Use: Spanish is the official language and spoken by most locals, though many in the service industry speak English as well
- Time Zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
- Dialing (Country Code): +755
- Climate in General: Consistent temperatures linger between 28°C and 32°C throughout the year
- Driving: Your valid, domestic driver's license is required to obtain a local driving permit for the State of Guerrero
Unique to Here
Activities & Sports
Attractions & Sights
Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo International Airport
The departure tax of around US$40 per person is usually included on your plane ticket, please verify.
21 km from Ixtapa and 14 km from Zihuatanejo
Ixtapa 52-7-553-1967 and Zihuatanejo 52-7-554-2355
November through May
Festivals & Events
Reservations Call JustTravelDeals @ 905-799-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org