Why Seabourn’s Alaska & British Columbia
Why Seabourn’s Alaska & British Columbia?
There’s a lot to see and do in The Great Land and no other ship will let you experience the vibrant native cultures, rustic frontier towns
and abundant wildlife in such an atmosphere of intimate, six-star elegance and ease. On board Seabourn Sojourn, you will enjoy:
1. Unique itineraries highlighting the hidden gems of Alaska and the Canadian Inside Passage
2. Optional Ventures by SeabournTM double sea kayak, catamaran or Zodiac tours in select destinations allow you to explore up-close at sea-level, with guidance and insights from our skilled Expedition Team
3. “Caviar on the Ice” party and other special deck events
4. Complimentary Klemtu Cultural Experience – an exclusive Seabourn event hosted by the local First Nations community, offered on select sailings
5. Unhurried 11- to 14-day itineraries allowing for a more in-depth and immersive experience to places where larger ships cannot follow
6. Regionally inspired cuisine using local seasonal produce and seafood
7. Seabourn Conversations with special guest speakers, including our knowledgeable Expedition Team of naturalists, Marine Mammal Experts, Bear Expert, Ornithologist and more
8. Frequent opportunities for wildlife sightings from the ship and shore
9. The Denali Experience, our optional fully escorted custom designed five day Seabourn Journey
10. Expedition team outfitted with high precision, long-range Swarovski Optik binoculars for complimentary use
11. Complimentary Seabourn All-Weather Jacket
Plus, as always, enjoy the Seabourn Difference
Intimate ships with a private club atmosphere
Intuitive, personalized service provided by staff passionate about exceeding guests expectations
Curated voyages to all seven continents delivering award-winning experiences
All ocean-front suites, luxuriously appointed
Complimentary premium spirits and fine wines available on board at all times
Welcome Champagne and complimentary in-suite bar stocked with your preferences
Tipping is neither required, nor expected
Finest resort at sea that is masterfully designed
World-class dining, further enhanced through a culinary partnership with Chef Thomas Keller
All dining venues are complimentary, dine where, when and with whom you wish
Seabourn Conversations, connecting with visionary experts
Ventures by SeabournTM, optional shore excursions, enhance and extend your experience in select destinations
Select purposeful and sustainable travel experiences in partnership with UNESCO
Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, featuring an exclusive mindful living program
An evening entertainment experience in collaboration with Sir Tim Rice
ENHANCE AND EXTEND YOUR ALASKA & BRITISH COLUMBIA VOYAGE with our optional Ventures
by SeabournTM excursions, exclusive shore excursions or add a Seabourn Journey before or after your Alaska voyage. Here is a sampling of our favorites, unique to Seabourn.
ALASKA & BRITISH COLUMBIA VENTURES BY SEABOURNTM EXCURSIONS PROGRAM
n Davidson Glacier Hike & Zodiac
n Zodiac Exploration of Misty Fjords
n Klemtu Coastal Kayak Exploration
n Zodiac Exploration of Holgate Glacier
n Glacier Exploration by Catamaran (Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm and Misty Fjords.)
n Kayak Exploration of Aialik Glacier
n Mendenhall Glacier Adventure Hike
OPTIONAL SHORE EXCURSIONS AND SEABOURN JOURNEYS:
EXCLUSIVE WILDLIFE CRUISE & LUNCH AT DOVE ISLAND LODGE (SITKA):
Enjoy world-class bird watching on a cruise to the St Lazaria National Wildlife Refuge with this cruise by expedition catamaran. The boat features a heated cabin equipped with wrap-around windows, comfortable seating, galley and restroom.
BURRO CREEK WATERFALL RETREAT & CRAB BOIL FROM HAINES:
Set a course for Burro Creek Lodge Waterfall Retreat, a 120-acre rustic resort located just outside Skagway. Nestled along the mystical coastline of Lynn Canal – America’s longest and deepest fjord – Burro Creek offers breathtaking waterfalls, stunning viewpoints and an elegant off-the-grid wilderness dining experience.
PILOT’S CHOICE EXPLORER BY HELICOPTER (A MINDFUL LIVING TOUR):
Marvel at vistas seen by few – high alpine lakes, ‘icefalls’ hanging from sheer cliffs and some of the most remote peaks within the Juneau Icefields.
Two different landings make this one of the best tours in Juneau.
THE DENALI EXPERIENCE:
Our Denali Experience is a fully escorted, custom-designed, five-day Seabourn Journey, and is available as an optional extension before or after your Alaska voyage. Soar above glaciers and towering granite cliffs on a bush-plane flight into Denali National Park. Snake across Hurricane Gulch in the comfort of a luxurious domed rail-car. Ride deep into the National Park on a private, guided Tundra Wilderness Tour. And dine at a luxury riverside resort.
You will visit the following 2 places:
British Columbia is the westernmost of Canada's provinces and is known for its natural beauty, as reflected in its Latin motto, Splendor sine occasu. In 1871, it became the sixth province of Canada. Dominated by mountain ranges, it’s a major skiing destination. British Columbia is a very mountainous region with a number of major ranges running mostly north-south from the coast to the border between BC and Alberta. Some of these ranges include the Rockies, the Selkirks, the Purcells and the Coastal Range. As with most places worth visiting, there is a little something for everyone here.
Alaska is a U.S. state situated in the northwest extremity of the Americas. With landscapes that stretch out seemingly to infinity, it is known for its dramatic, diverse terrain of wide-open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. Alaska was viewed as a frozen wasteland, not realizing it would turn out to be one of the United States' richest resources for gold and oil. It took until 1959 for the territory to become a State of the Union. For lovers of nature, few places exhilarate like Alaska!