Splendours of Italy Summer 2018
About Rome, Italy
- Assisi Orientation tour includes St. Francis' Basilica
- Florence Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes Piazza della Signoria, Cathedral and Baptistery
- Italian Lakes Enjoy a free day with spectacular views
- Lugano Visit this magnificent lakeside resort
- Pisa View the Square of Miracles and the famous Leaning Tower
- Rome Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes a visit to St. Peter's Basilica and views of the mighty Colosseum
- Siena Visit the Piazza del Campo famous for the Palio horse race
- Sorrento Visit a traditional inlaid wood workshop
- Venice Cruise by private boat to St. Mark's Square. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island
- Verona View the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony
You will visit the following 2 places:
Switzerland, officially the Swiss Confederation, is a federal republic in Europe. While still named the Swiss Confederation for historical reasons, modern Switzerland is a federal directorial republic consisting of 26 cantons, with Bern as the seat of the federal authorities, called '"federal city". Situated in Western-Central Europe, Switzerland is also a landlocked country geographically divided between the Alps, the Swiss Plateau and the Jura. Spanning the intersection of Germanic and Romance Europe, Switzerland comprises four main linguistic and cultural regions: German, French, Italian and Romansh. Although the majority of the population are German speaking, Swiss national identity is rooted in a common historical background, shared values such as federalism and direct democracy, and Alpine symbolism. One of the most developed countries in the world, Switzerland ranks at or near the top globally in several metrics of national performance, including government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic competitiveness, and human development. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts and hiking trails.
Italy is a country in Southern Europe. It is home to the greatest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world. Much like its food, this country is an endless feast of experiences. It is famous worldwide for its delicious cuisine, its trendy fashion industry, luxury sports cars and motorcycles, diverse regional cultures and dialects, as well as for its beautiful coast, alpine lakes and mountain ranges (the Alps and Apennines). There is also the country’s enormous cultural legacy: Tuscany alone has more classified historical monuments than any country in the world; there are considerable remnants of the Roman Empire all over the country, notably in Rome itself; and every region retains its own relics of an artistic tradition generally acknowledged to be among the world’s richest.