Ultimate Italy (Summer 2018)
About Venice, Italy
Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: Your welcome to Rome includes a traditional passeggiata to the Trevi Fountain. Isle of Capri: Relax as you leave the mainland behind, on your hydrofoil to the Isle of Capri. Florence: See the cathedral, Giotto’s bell tower, the Gates of Paradise, and open-air gallery of Signoria Square. Verona: Wander through the Roman Arena to stand beneath Shakespeare's famous balcony. Venice: Visit an arts centre to witness the talents of traditional glassblowers. Scenic Drives: Highway of the Sun.
- Burano: Cruise to this charming fisherman's island to enjoy a Celebration Dinner with wine and newfound friends.
- Isle of Capri: A bustling Italian experience, the Michelin-starred Ristorante L’Olivo is the fourth successful restaurant owned by husband-and-wife team, Sergio and Jo Perano. Their regional dishes are presented with contemporary flair and have earned them two Michelin stars, a rare and impressive feat.
- Isle of Capri: A refreshing lemon granita is the perfect way to cool down in the Mediterranean.
- Tuscany: Enjoy a tasting of rare Super Tuscan wines in the underground cellar of Machiavelli's home before enjoying a light Farm-to-Tabel lunch. While here you will visit the Italian gardens and be privy to a private opening of the ofﬁce where he wrote 'The Prince.'
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan ice-cream parlour of World Champion gelato Maestro, Sergio Dondoli, for a taste of his creamiest treats.
- Florence: Dine out in delightful Barberino di Mugello, at a family-run restaurant where Nonna makes delicious desserts! Enjoy a four-course menu with wine that pays homage to Tuscany’s most famous flavours.
- Tuscany: Join a qualified chef to experience authentic Italian cooking at a hands-on culinary masterclass, followed by lunch.
- Dining Summary: 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 3 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Venice: Guided by your Local Expert, view the sights of Venice including St. Mark's Basilica and the Bridge of Sighs.
- Venice: Take your seat in a traditional gondola for a serenade through the romantic Venetian canals.
- Rome: With your Local Expert, see Rome’s most revered treasures, including St. Peter's Basilica, Michelangelo's ‘Pietà', the Roman Forum and visit the iconic Colosseum.
- Isle of Capri: Travel in style to the glistening Isle of Capri by open-top taxi and enjoy a private cruise around the island to see its hidden coves and grottos. Back on land; admire the famous Faraglioni Rocks from the gardens of Caesar Augustus.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Assisi: Join your Local Expert and find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Perugia: Join your Local Expert for a guided exploration through history, as you walk along Perugia's Corso Vannucci to the main square where you’ll see the Great Fountain, Collegio del Cambio and the splendid Prior's Palace.
- Perugia: Meet Marta, recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant, and discover how she and her weavers are preserving the medieval tradition of loom weaving at their artisanal workshop.
- Florence: Join a local art historian for an insightful walk, as you admire Michelangelo's masterpiece, the marble statue of David, in the Accademia Museum.
- Pisa: Accompanied by your Local expert, marvel at the gravity-defying Leaning Tower of Pisa, alongside a Local Expert, and see the Duomo and baptistery.
- Cinque Terre: Cruise along the rugged coast of the Cinque Terre, a UNESCO World Heritage Sit. Explore Monterosso's medieval quarter and popular sandy beach and visit Manarola with your Local Expert.
- Manarola: Experience some of the most awe-inspiring coastal scenery on earth at the UNESCO-listed Cinque Terre. Join your Local Expert and discover charming Manarola, a picturesque ﬁshing village.
- Rome: Situated minutes away from the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps, the historic Bernini Bristol is one of the most renowned five-star hotels in Rome. Its rooftop restaurant is the perfect place from which to take in panoramic vistas of the city and savour the culinary delights prepared by Michelin-starred chef, Andrea Fusco.
- Venice: The Palazzo is divinely located on the Grand Canal, just off St Mark's Square, and offers spacious and elegant guest rooms.
- Isle of Capri: The five-star luxury boutique hotel, Capri Palace Hotel & Spa, is furnished with Mediterranean elegance and offers panoramic views of the Gulf of Naples.
- Perugia: Since 1884, this exclusive hotel has housed royalty and celebrities. It is situated in the historic heart of Perugia and the only five-star hotel in the city. Fine Umbrian dining and a luxurious wellness spa are some of the highlights that make the Brufani extra special.
- Tuscany: A short drive from Florence, the grand Villa Le Maschere is a late Renaissance country mansion, built in the 16th century.
- Rapallo: The Grand Hotel Bristol & Spa is regarded as one of the most prestigious properties on the eastern Ligurian Riviera, this elegant hotel overlooks the Portofino Promontory and is housed in an Art Nouveau-style residence dating back to 1908. It boasts a sea-facing restaurant terrace and a pool.
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express: A work of art in itself and a true art deco icon, the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is one of the world’s most famous luxury trains. Step aboard and experience truly elegant travel, wrapped in timeless romance. Delightful vintage cabins, gastronomic cuisine and lively onboard entertainment make a journey on this luxury train one of the world’s finest travel experiences.
- Venice: Discover the secrets of the Venetian Republic on a private evening tour of the Doge's Palace with your Local Expert.
- Rome: In the ultimate VIP experience, enter the Sistine Chapel for a private tour with a Local Expert, before it opens to the public. Luxury Gold’s fast-tracked entry into the Vatican Museums ensures optimal enjoyment of the timeless Papal art collection.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.