Calgary Luxury Hotels
About Calgary, Alberta
Looking for exceptional deals on Calgary vacation packages. Book Calgary Hotels, Car Rentals, Tours and cheap Flights.
Calgary, a cosmopolitan Alberta city with numerous skyscrapers, owes its rapid growth to its status as the centre of Canada’s oil industry. However, it’s still steeped in the western culture that earned it the nickname “Cowtown,” evident in the Calgary Stampede, its massive July rodeo and festival that grew out of the farming exhibitions once presented here.
Best Things To Do in Calgary
- #1. Glenbow Museum. #1 in Calgary. 0.1 miles to city center
- #2. The Military Museums. #2 in Calgary. ...
- #3. Prince's Island Park.
- #4. Calgary Zoo. #4 in Calgary. ...
- #5. WinSport Canada Olympic Park. #5 in Calgary. ...
- #6. Heritage Park. #6 in Calgary. ...
- #7. Stephen Avenue Walk.
- #8. Spruce Meadows. #8 in Calgary.
Calgary known for?
Some of the things Calgary is known for include:
- The Canadian Pacific Railway Headquarters.
- The Calgary Fire of 1886.
- The Calgary Stampede.
- Calgary Flames - NHL Hockey Team.
- Red Mile - Sea of Red Jerseys during the NHL playoffs of 2004.
- Hosting the 1988 Winter Olympics.
- Hosting the 2009 World Water Ski Championship.