British Royale (Summer 2018)
About Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- London: Enjoy a glamorous Welcome Dinner at one of London’s finest addresses, The Milestone Hotel. Surrounded by rich mahogany furniture and traditional decor, you’ll savour delicious seasonal flavours and wines recommended by a dedicated sommelier.
- Bath: Experience an exquisite Highlight Dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant, in the heart of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Edinburgh Regale in Scottish tea and scones in one of Edinburgh's traditional ceilidh ballroom.
- Dinning Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- London: Located opposite Kensington Palace and Gardens, the award-winning Milestone Hotel embodies old-world charm with its rich mahogany furnishings and timeless British style. Voted the number one hotel in London at the Best Loved Hotel Awards 2016, the five-star Milestone offers traditional dining, 24-hour butler service with two staff members to every guest and sumptuous comforts.
- Bath: Located in the historic heart of Bath, the elegant Francis Hotel is set in an 18th century townhouse overlooking leafy Queen Square. It houses an impressive art collection and offers luxurious accommodation complete with a tea room, lounges and bars.
- York: Housed in the iconic former headquarters of the prestigious North Eastern Railway Company, the five-star Grand Hotel & Spa places you minutes away from museums, shops and the River Ouse. It boasts elegant guest bedrooms, a restaurant and bar, and a luxury spa uniquely situated in underground vaults.
- English Lake District: Set in the heart of the spectacular English Lake District, Leeming House is a short walk away from the shores of Ullswater. Its lounges and elegant guest bedrooms offer superb views of the lake.
- Edinburgh: Considered one of the best places to stay in Edinburgh, The Glasshouse is a five-star boutique hotel situated in the historic heart of the city. With beautifully- appointed guest suites and fine seasonal dining, the hotel’s expansive roof garden is what sets it apart.
Top Rated Highlights
- London: See British pageantry at its best, as you witness the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace, when available. It’s a great privilege guarding the Sovereign and a quintessential British tradition that dates back to 1660.
- London: Meet a passionate resident, your Local Expert, who will share the city’s fascinating history, as you see Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
- Windsor Castle: Famous for its long-standing association with the British Royal family, Windsor Castle is where you’ll meet a Military Knight who will describe how knights are appointed, where they live in the Castle and what duties they are required to perform.
- Bath: Explore the famous Roman Baths.
- Cotswolds: Journey through the Cotswolds which are among the most quintessential and unspoiled regions of England, famous for gentle, rolling hillsides known as ‘wolds’, green river valleys and historic market towns, where time has stood still for over 300 years.
- La Windermere: Enjoy a nostalgic ride on a historic steam train along the banks of Lake Windermere.
- Lake Windermere: Journey across Lake Windermere on a romantic, private cruise.
- Alnwick: Explore majestic Alnwick Castle, steeped in history.
- Edinburgh: Visit magnificent Edinburgh Castle, Scotland’s most-visited tourist attraction. Join a Local Expert, who will share tales about the castle’s tumultuous past and show you the Crown Jewels and Stone of Destiny.
- Edinburgh: In true Gaelic style, meet a fabulously entertaining bagpiper and be enchanted as you listen to iconic music and fascinating tales about Scottish culture.
- London: You’re invited to the Tower of London to experience the exclusive Ceremony of the Keys. This ancient gate-closing ritual has been carried out every night by the Beefeaters, without fail, for the last 700 years.
- York: Appreciate the beauty of York. Join a Local Expert for an exploration of the city walls, or embark on a leisurely guided tour of York Minster.
- York: Gain after-hours, VIP entry to the majestic Harlow Carr Gardens, a member of the Royal Horticultural Society. Join a garden curator to learn about indigenous plant species, before enjoying an exclusive twilight picnic.
- Edinburgh With a Local Expert, wander along Princes Street, past the Gothic Sir Walter Scott Monument, and continue down the Royal Mile to the gates of Holyrood Palace, the principal residence of Scottish royalty since the 16th century
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.