Steps of St Paul Summer 2019
About Athens, Greece
- Athens Sightseeing with your Local Specialist to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Acropolis and Parthenon. See the Agora, Temple of Zeus and the stadium built for the first modern Olympic Games in 1896
- Corinth Visit the market place, Temple of Apollo and the Corinth Museum with your Local Specialist. See the Corinth Canal.
- Delphi Visit Temple of Apollo, the museum and theatre with your Local Specialist
- Ephesus Sightseeing with your Local Specialist to visit the valley side chapel where it is said the Virgin Mary spent her last days, and visit the excavation site at ancient Ephesus
- Kavala Sightseeing with your Local Specialist to visit the archaeological site where St Paul and St Silas were imprisoned
- Meteora Visit two of the incredible monasteries and admire the Byzantine frescoes with your Local Specialist
- Mykonos Visit the island with its distinctive whitewashed houses
- Patmos Visit Chora Village and Monastery of St. John with your Local Specialist
- Santorini Visit the spectacular volcanic island
- Thessaloniki Sightseeing with your Local Specialist includes a visit to St Demitrius Basilica where St Paul was buried
You will visit the following 2 places:
Turkey is a huge nation straddling eastern Europe and western Asia with cultural connections to ancient Greek, Persian, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. It offers a wealth of destination varieties to travellers; there is something for everyone's taste—whether they be travelling on an extreme budget by hitchhiking or by a multi-million yacht!
Greece, also known since ancient times as Hellas, is a country located in southeastern Europe. The country has one of the longest histories of any country, and is considered the cradle of Western civilization, having been the birthplace of democracy, Western philosophy, the Olympic Games, Western literature, historiography, political science, major scientific and mathematical principles, and Western drama, including both tragedy and comedy. Athens, its busy capital, retains ancient landmarks including the 5th-century-B.C.E. Acropolis citadel and Parthenon temple. Greece is also known for its beaches, from the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos. Furthermore it's a geographically appealing place to visit, with a mountainous mainland and idyllic island beaches!